About the Department
Role of Instrumentation Engineers
The Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering was established in the year of 2002 with the mission to educate student from all over India,including those from rural areas,so that they become enlightened individuals improving the living standards of their Families, Industry and society.This branch is dealing with the design and application of devices, usually electronic circuits, the operation of which depends on the flow of electrons for the generation, transmission, reception, and storage of information. Instrumentation is an essential and vital component of modern thermal, chemical plants and any automatic machine. In fact instrumentation plays a role of brain and vein of such an industry. Electronics and Instrumentation engineering involves a broader and wider concept of intelligent instruments, fuzzy logic, biomedical instrumentation, cleaner technologies in environmental pollution control, measuring devices of flow rate in industries etc.
The course covers almost all basic, conventional and emerging fields of instrumentation technology.
The Department is fully furnished with well-equipped labs. In all, there are various labs namely Measurement & Instrumentation Lab., Process Control Lab., Virtual Instrumentation Lab., Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab., Electron Devices & Circuits Lab.
The faculty members are involved in carrying out the research in the area of Process Control & Instrumentation, Medical Electronics, Power Electronics, Applied Electronics, Data Security, Image processing etc., The department has well established laboratories namely Process Control Laboratory, Virtual Instrumentation Laboratory, Transducers and Measurements Laboratory, Electronics Laboratory with good infrastructure and state of the art instruments. Added to the value of the programme, the department has patented students project. The department is constantly receiving funds from various government organizations like DRDO, CSIR, DIT, MOES, ICMR, BRNS, etc., to conduct seminars workshops and conferences including Anna University sponsored Faculty Development Training Programmes.
The performance of the students in academics has been outstanding with students bagging good no.of University ranks in the exams conducted by Anna University. Students have also participated in various conferences, symposiums, workshops etc at both National and International level and have brought laurels to the Department.
- To accomplish and sustain International eminence and become a model Institution for higher learning through dedicated development of minds.
- To transform Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Graduates into responsible citizens with an ethical values
- To create universally applicable and technologically for research and development among faculty and students in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Organize a pluralistic and supportive Environment that will stimulate Scholars, Students and staff of the highest caliber and contribute immensely to the process of Nation building through partnership with Community and Industry.
The past record of the department has been great. The students have been placed in top branded Indian firms as well as MNCs at reputed positions. Companies like TCS, Infosys, HCL Technologies, Siemens, BSNL, Honeywell, SaiPam India Projects, Rockwell Automation, BioCon, Indian Air Force, and many other private and public sector firms have recruited our students. Many of our students are pursuing Post graduation courses at reputed institutions after having secured high GATE percentiles. The students who attained high scores in GRE and TOEFL are currently in studying abroad.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Bachelor of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering curriculum is designed to prepare the
graduates having attitude and knowledge to
- Have successful technical and professional careers in their chosen fields such as Process Control, Electronics & Information Technology.
- Engross in life long process of learning to keep themselves abreast of new developments in the field of Electronics & Instrumentation
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
The graduates will have the ability to
- Apply the Mathematical knowledge and the basics of Science and Engineering to solve the problems pertaining to Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Identify and formulate Instrumentation Engineering problems from research literature and be able to analyze the problem using first principles of Mathematics and Engineering Sciences.
- Come out with solutions for the complex problems and to design system components or process that fulfill the particular needs taking into account public health and safety and the social, cultural and environmental issues.
- Draw well-founded conclusions applying the knowledge acquired from research and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information and to arrive at significant conclusion.
- Form, select and apply relevant techniques, resources and Engineering and IT tools for Engineering activities like electronic prototyping, modeling and control of systems/processes and also being conscious of the limitations.
- Understand the role and responsibility of the Professional Instrumentation Engineer and to assess societal, health, safety issues based on the reasoning received from the contextual knowledge.
- Be aware of the impact of professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and exhibit the knowledge and the need for sustainable Development.
- Apply the principles of Professional Ethics to adhere to the norms of the engineering practice and to discharge ethical responsibilities.
- Function actively and efficiently as an individual or a member/leader of different teams and multidisciplinary projects.
- Communicate efficiently the engineering facts with a wide range of engineering community and others, to understand and prepare reports and design documents; to make effective presentations and to frame and follow instructions.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of the body of engineering knowledge and insight and Management Principles and to apply them as member / leader in teams and multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for self and life-long learning, keeping pace with technological challenges in the broadest sense.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO 1 Relate the fundamental concepts of Instrumentation (measurement, control, operation, monitoring and maintenance) to various measurement systems and models.
- PSO 2 Adapt and migrate to changing interdisciplinary technologies to provide improvised solutions in the field of Electronics and Instrumententation Engineering.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
The Department offered the following Courses,
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (B.E EIE) .