ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of ECE is established during the academic year 1995 with students’ intake of 60 and the same is increased to 120 during the academic year 2004-05. The department is NBA accredited by April 2008 and thereafter continuously we have obtained accreditation for our UG program and it was valid up to 30th June 2013. Our department has leading-edge infrastructure facilities including the latest simulation software and hardware. The department has defined vision & mission and continually striving towards the set goals. The department always has impressive placement records as our students getting placed in reputed companies with a very good pay band. The department also offers a PG program in Applied Electronics with students’ intake of 25 from the academic year 2004-05.
The department has the support of highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members to offer good academic help to students and also constantly help our students to carry out their academic projects addressing the demands of society.
Our students are always encouraged to take part in co-curricular and extracurricular activities in various state-level / national-level competitions including national level symposiums and international conferences that are conducted abroad.
To transform our department into centre for excellence with high quality education in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
To create an excellent teaching and learning environment with our potential to give satisfaction to our stakeholders and to equip contemporary skills to compete with the change.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.E. in Applied Electronics
SCOPE OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Ability to apply the concepts of mathematics, science, and engineering effectively.
- Ability to design, analyse and interpret data through experiments.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Ability to understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
The graduates from this department have become professional engineers, employed both in core and software companies. They are well represented at core companies, such as Robert Bosch, Qualcomm, Aricent Group, Wipro and as well as smaller start-up companies. They have become successful software developers and managers in the leading software companies, such as Thought works, Infosys, Cognizant Technology Solutions, HCL Technologies, TCS, and IGATE etc. Many of our students pursue higher education to obtain MS, MBA and PhD degrees in foreign universities. Also, some of the graduates working in Public sector units, such as BSNL, National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC) Ltd, DRDO, ISRO, BHEL, BEL etc.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Graduates will have a successful life-long career in Electronics and Communication Engineering or associated industries or higher education or as entrepreneurs.
Graduates will have the ability and attitude to adapt to latest technologies.
Graduates will have the teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills to enable them to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams in Industry, Government, and Academia.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- The graduates would be able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and skills to solve problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- The graduates would acquire skills to analyze problems in the domain of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- The graduates would be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- The graduates would be able to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- The graduates would be able to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- The graduates would be able to understand the professional and ethical responsibility.
- The graduates would be able to communicate effectively.
- The graduates would have broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- The graduates would be able recognize the need for, and would have an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- The graduates would have a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- The graduates would be able to to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The graduates would be able to acquire life skills enabling them to achieve academic and professional excellence so that they can develop innovative projects in computing technologies.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSOs)
To analyze, design and develop solutions by applying foundational concepts of electronics and communication engineering.
To adapt to emerging information and communication technologies (ICT) to innovate ideas and solutions to existing/novel problems.
To critically evaluate the design and provide optimal solutions to problem areas in advanced signal processing, digital system design, embedded systems and VLSI design.
To enhance and develop electronic systems using modern engineering hardware and software tools.