The standing committee for the welfare of SC/ST community has been constituted in the College with the Principal as Chairman for the implementation of the various policies and programmes launched by the State and Central Governments, AICTE and the UGC for the benefit of the SC/ST students and employees.
- Tomonitor and implement consistently the reservation policy and programmes of the State and Central Governments.
- To bring the students belongs to SC/ST community at par with the main stream students.
- To create a platform where students can point out their problems, regarding academic and non-academic matters.
- To make the SC/ST students aware of various scholarships program of UGC, State and Central Governments.
- To create awareness among the SC/ST students especially from the rural areas about the higher education avenues.
- To take follow up measures to ensure that SC/ST students and faculty are availing the welfare measures being offered by State and Central Governments.
- The Cell concentrates on the implementation of the rules of reservation in students’ admission and appointments in teaching and non-teaching position as well as monitoring the prevention of atrocities against the SC/ST students and faculty.
- The Cell actively engages in co-ordinating and solving the problems in the matters related to admissions/appointments and resources utilization of SC/ST students.
- The Cell Creates awareness regarding the government scholarships and fellowships through circulars to the SC/ST students.
- The cell works with the focus on the students belong to socially and economically backward students to get the opportunities to pursue their studies in the higher educational institutions.
- The Cell also advises the students to utilise the facilities of the Book Bank and to borrow books depending on availability.
- The Cell often meets the students and members of faculty belong to SC/ST communities, to understand their problem and take necessary action and/or render them necessary advice/help to resolve the matter.
- The Cell Counsels the students to overcome their inferiority complex by means of interaction with fellow students and personal grooming, etc.
SC/ST Cell Committee Members:
|Position in the committee
|Dr. K.L. Shunmuganathan - 9788833336
|Mrs. N. Tamilarasi -8124524005
|Mrs. S. Kokila - 9445633894
|Dr. G. Murugesan -9551420327