ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was established in the year 1995 with the mission to educate students from all over India, including those from rural areas, so that they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their Families, Industry and Society. CSE shares the mission and vision of the institute in imparting high quality education to the students.
The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the year 2006.
The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various laboratories, a well equipped seminar hall, Wi-Fi enabled class rooms to support e-Learning, and a department library. We also have facility for Anna University EDUSAT program.
The department is well equipped with excellent computing facilities, and has highly qualified faculty specialized in areas like Data Mining, Wireless Sensor Networking, Grid/Cloud Computing, Ad Hoc Networks, Network Security, etc
To nurture innovative future leaders in Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management who create wealth for our nation and develop a fulfilling society.
The Computer Science and Engineering Department is committed to:
- Teaching the necessary skills, theories and practices of computer hardware and software.
- We help the students to learn critical thinking skills and how to combine scientific knowledge and engineering methods with practical technical skills to prepare them for the challenging careers.
- To undertake research in computing and information technology, and to serve the community and the profession.
- To provide Research and Development Activities in collaboration with R&D organizations, industries and make the department as a centre of excellence.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
Department offered the following Courses,
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering (B.E CSE) Started in 1995 Intake 120 Students
Master of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering (M.E CSE) Started in 2004 Intake 18 Students
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
Graduates of this M. E. Computer Science and Engineering will be able to
- Apply the necessary mathematical tools and fundamental & advanced knowledge of computer science & engineering
- Develop computer/software/network systems understanding the importance of social, business, technical, environmental, and human context in which the systems would work
- Articulate fundamental concepts, design underpinnings of computer/software/network systems, and research findings to train professionals or to educate engineering students
- Contribute effectively as a team member/leader, using common tools and environment, in computer science and engineering projects, research, or education
- Pursue life-long learning and research in selected fields of computer science & engineering and contribute to the growth of those fields and society at large
Program Outcomes (PO):
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the conceptualization of engineering models.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.