About M.E – Structural Engineering
Structural Engineering is particularly concerned with the design of load-bearing structures. It is largely the implementation of mechanics to the design of the large structures that are fundamental to basic living, such as buildings, bridges, walls, dams, and tunnels. Structural engineers need to design structures so that the structures do not collapse or behave in undesirable ways while serving their useful functions. The efficient use of funds and materials to achieve these structural goals is also a major concern. Structural engineers work closely with architects, construction managers, and transportation engineers, to name only a few. The postgraduate program in structural engineering is designed to provide students with an understanding of the basic Sciences and Engineering applied to structural systems.
To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To produce civil engineers of high calibre, technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To make the department a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
- To provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil engineering.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The major objectives of M.E. programme in Structural Engineering are to prepare students :
- As competent structural engineering professionals in academic, research and industrial domains with ethical and social responsibility.
- To make the students aware of international codes, national and international developments in the field of Structural Engineering.
- To inculcate a lifelong thirst for learning for their further development of technical and management skills
Graduates of Civil Engineering will be
- Able to gain in-depth knowledge of structural engineering
- Able to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Able to design solutions for complex structural engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Able to use latest tools, techniques and software’s for structural engineering practice
- Able to engage in life-long learning.
- Able to function in multi-disciplinary teams
- A creative leader with ethical and professional responsibilities
- Able to determine the financial aspects of a project with sufficient reliability make effective cost estimates and convey achievable timelines for his projects.
- A confident individual with good communication skill.
For Online Grievance : email@example.com