B.E – Aeronautical Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The aviation field in India is developing at a fast pace. Private airlines have expanded greatly in the last few years. Defense industry in India is seeing high growth in military aviation. Indian companies have taken up aircraft design and outsourcing projects from abroad. This projects the requirement of highly skilled aeronautical engineers.
Department of Aeronautical Engineering is making great efforts in imparting knowledge and skill to meet the aircraft industry expectation .The department offers theory and lab works as per Anna University syllabus through qualified faculty and staff. Aeronautical Engineering department started functioning since 2006.The department has well equipped laboratory facilities and faculty to prepare the students to meet future requirement in the field of aviation.
To be the best at serving society by creating engineering knowledge and educating engineers for dynamic and global careers.
The following strategic characteristics and aspirations enable the department to realize its vision:
- Contemporary and rigorous educational experiences that develop the engineer and something more;
- An atmosphere that facilitates personal commitment to the educational success of students in an environment that values diversity and community;
- Highly successful alumni who contribute to the profession in the global society;
- Undergraduate programs that integrate global awareness, communication skills and team building across the curriculum;
- Graduate education and training that prepares students for interdisciplinary engineering research and advanced problem solving;
- To impart quality education to the students.
- To foster research & development.
- To encourage creativity, promote innovation innovating, build leadership thinking, quantitative reasoning, attitude.
- To nurture teamwork and achieve stakeholders delight
- To encourage creativity, promote innovation, build leadership.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Progress professionally as a result of his/her ability to solve technical problems and to work in multidisciplinary teams on problems whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
- Demonstrate professional engineering competence via promotions / positions of increasing responsibility, or successfully transition from the “traditional” Aeronautical Engineering career path into business, government, or education.
- Make Technical contributions to Literature by publishing papers, applying for patents, delivering effective conference presentations, and contributing to leadership articles.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and the profession through involvement with community / professional organizations / make contributions towards society’s greater prosperity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for life-long learning via progress toward, or successful completion of an advanced degree, professional development / industrial training course(s) / engineering certification