The word ‘yoga’ originates from the Sanskrit. Which means to add, combine or unite. In yoga it means the union of the soul with the divine.
Yoga practices include posture (asana), breathing (pranayama), control of subtle forces (mudra and bandha), cleansing the body-mind (shat karma), visualizations, chanting of mantras, and many forms of meditation.
It is very useful for achieving the proper health of the body and brain as well as to control the mind and body by reducing stress and anxiety. Yoga can be done by anyone as a practice on a daily basis to fulfil the need for a very active and demanding life especially teenagers and adults. Hence we have a active “YOGA CLUB” at Jaya Engineering College.
BENEFITS OF YOGA
- Improve muscle flexibility
- Heals body postures and alignment
- Provides a better digestive system
- Strengthens internal organs
- Treats asthma
- Cures diabetes
- Helps to cure heart problems
- Helps skin glow
- Promotes strength and endurance
- Improve concentration
- Helps control mind and thoughts
- Keeps the mind calm to overcome anxiety, stress, and depression
- Helps in reduce stress
- Helps in blood circulation and muscle relaxation
- Weight loss
- Protects from injury
Yoga for youth empowerment 2016-2019