About the Department
Role of Instrumentation Engineers
Instruments play a very important role in all fields of education, research and industries. This branch is dealing with the design and application of devices, usually electronic circuits, the operation of which depends on the flow of electrons for the generation, transmission, reception, and storage of information. Instrumentation is an essential and vital component of modern thermal, chemical plants and any automatic machine. In fact instrumentation plays a role of brain and vein of such an industry. Electronics and Instrumentation engineering involves a broader and wider concept of intelligent instruments, fuzzy logic, biomedical instrumentation, cleaner technologies in environmental pollution control, measuring devices of flow rate in industries etc.
Keeping this in view, the Jaya Engineering College has started B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering in 2002 which is Affiliated to Anna University Chennai.. The course covers almost all basic, conventional and emerging fields of instrumentation technology.
The department is fully furnished with well-equipped labs. In all, there are various labs namely Measurement & Instrumentation Lab., Process Control Lab., Virtual Instrumentation Lab., Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab., Electron Devices & Circuits Lab.
The faculty members are involved in carrying out the research in the area of Process Control & Instrumentation, Medical Electronics, Power Electronics, Applied Electronics, Data Security, Image processing etc., The department has well established laboratories namely Process Control Laboratory, Virtual Instrumentation Laboratory, Transducers and Measurements Laboratory, Electronics Laboratory with good infrastructure and state of the art instruments. Added to the value of the programme, the department has patented student’s project. The department is constantly receiving funds from various government organizations like DRDO, CSIR, DIT, MOES, ICMR, BRNS, etc., to conduct seminars workshops and conferences including Anna University sponsored Faculty Development Training Programmes
The performance of the students in academics has been outstanding with students bagging good no.of University ranks in the exams conducted by Anna University. Students have also participated in various conferences, symposiums, workshops etc at both National and International level and have brought laurels to the Department.
- To accomplish and sustain International eminence and become a model Institution for higher learining through dedicated development of minds.
- To transform Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Graduates into responsible citizens with an ethical values
- To create universally applicable and technologically for research and development among faculty and students in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Organize a pluralistic and supportive Environment that will stimulate Scholars, Students and staff of the highest caliber and contribute immensely to the process of Nation building through partnership with Community and Industry.
The past record of the department has been great. The students have been placed in top branded Indian firms as well as MNCs at reputed positions. Companies like TCS, Infosys, HCL Technologies, Siemens, BSNL, Honeywell, SaiPam India Projects, Rockwell Automation, BioCon, Indian Air Force, and many other private and public sector firms have recruited our students. Many of our students are pursuing Post graduation courses at reputed institutions after having secured high GATE percentiles. The students who attained high scores in GRE and TOEFL are currently in studying abroad.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering program focuses on the application of Electronics and Computer Technology to Instrumentation, Industrial automation and process control systems. The program prepares graduates:
- To provide knowledge on basic electronics and their applications in Instrumentation Engineering.
- To provide strong foundation in circuit theory, control theory and signal processing concepts.
- The graduates will be able to analyze, design, control and provide solutions for process industry and become successful entrepreneurs.
- The ability to do funded projects, consultancy projects & the skills to prepare and present technical papers in reputed Institutions / Conferences