ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Mechanical Engineering Department was started at the time of inception of the college in 1994. The department offers four year B. E (Mechanical Engineering), M.E (Engineering Design) and Ph.D programmes in Mechanical Engineering. The department has a team of highly qualified, dedicated and motivated faculty and well equipped laboratories with facilities for UG, PG Programmes and research.
The department of mechanical engineering philosophy combines an emphasis on creativity, technology, manufacturing and design methodology with a concern for human values and the needs of society. The department is continuously striving to achieve excellence in education, academic and industrial research.
The department aim to provide the students with a perfect blend of intellectual and practical experiences, that helps them to serve our society and address a variety of needs. The department plan academic courses and projects to endow students with the ability to apply knowledge of science, mathematics, and engineering, and the capability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, providing leadership and technical expertise. Research topics focus on industrial needs. The department is vibrant with several activities round the year.
The department has state of the art infrastructure, the classroom, library, modern laboratories and amenities with ample facilities in carrying out practical classes as per academic curriculum and the laboratories caters to needs of students in executing their B.E., M.E. and Research projects, as well as other related research/consultancy services. The department also welcomes students from other departments of the institute as a gesture of support to their time-to-time academic and research needs. Both undergraduates and postgraduates are well placed in leading industries as well as in reputed research institutions of international recognition.
To strive to attain a highest position in providing quality education by focussing on the overall development of the students and strengthening their capabilities in the evolving fields of Mechanical Engineering, thus serving to the needs of the society.
To provide our students a technologically up-to-date, innovative environment, and mold them into an all-round personality to meet the growing challenges of industries and social needs of the country.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- 1. The graduating students from Mechanical Engineering will have a wide spread background of engineering sciences, and fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering to be able to solve application level problems.
- The graduating students from mechanical engineering department will have the understanding of core mechanical areas such as Design, Thermal Engineering, Material science, CAD/CAM & advanced Manufacturing technologies from Industry.
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry through in plant training, and industrial real time projects which shall give more industrial exposure and practices inculcating team work, leadership skills and industrial relations.
- To promote student awareness and commitment to continuous learning & professional ethics during the course of professional practice.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- Graduates will be able to model, analyze, design, and realize physical systems, components and processes.
- Graduates will be familiar with manufacturing process that meets desired specifications and requirements.
- Graduates will be able to work professionally in both thermal and mechanical systems areas.
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment to analyze mechanical engineering problems.
- Graduates will have the confidence and understanding of the manufacturing process layout and planning.
- Graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively, prepare reports, documentations and presentations.
- Graduates will be able to understand and investigate complex mechanical engineering problems experimentally.
- Graduates will have the ability to apply knowledge of engineering and management principles to lead teams and complete the task with minimal resources.
- Graduates will have the ability to demonstrate and analyse the unconventional processes, automation, robotics, nanotechnology, computer aided design & manufacturing.
- Graduates from mechanical engineering can stand, visualize, grow and build a bright future for them and society.