OVER ALL IT LABS SYSTEM CONFIGURATIONS
|IT LAB||PDS – II||DUEL CORE||1 GB|
|IT LAB||DBMS||DUEL CORE||1 GB|
|IT LAB||COMPUTER PROGRAMMING||DUEL CORE||1 GB|
|MULTIMEDIA||COMPUTER GRAPHICS||DUEL CORE||2 GB|
|C.B.T||JAVA PROGRAMMING||I3||2 GB|
|CASE TOOLS||SYSTEM SOFTWARE||DUEL CORE||2 GB|
The Department of Information Technology is having well established laboratories catering the needs of both B.Tech. Laboratory courses are designed to support theoretical concepts taught. All the laboratories are equipped well. Project works, dissertation works and thesis works are supported by the laboratories.
The following are the main laboratories in the department:
- Web Technology Lab
- Case Tools Lab
- DBMS lab
- Operating System Lab
- Networks Lab
- Java Programming Lab
- Data Structure & OOP lab
- Multimedia Lab
- Service Oriented Architecture Lab
- Be familiar with the use of Office software.
- Be exposed to presentation and visualization tools.
- Be exposed to problem solving techniques and flow charts.
- Be familiar with programming in C and learn to use arrays, strings, functions, structures and unions.
- Be familiar with C programming..
- Be exposed to implementing abstract data types and learn to use files.
- Be familiarized with good programming design methods, particularly top-down design.
- Getting exposure in implementing the different data structures using C++
- Appreciate recursive algorithms.
- Learn to create and use the database.
- Be familiarized with the query language.
- Have hands on experience on DDL commands
- Have a good understanding of DML commands and DCL commands,
- Familiarize advanced SQL queries and exposed to different applications.
- Learn shell programming and the use of filters in the UNIX environment.
- Be exposed to programming in C using system calls.
- Learn to use the file system related system calls and exposed to process creation and Inter process communication.
- Be familiar with implementation of CPU scheduling algorithms, page replacing algorithms and dead lock avoidance.
- To understand the software engineering methodologies for project development.
- To gain knowledge about open source tools for computer aided software engineering.
- To develop an efficient software using case tools.
- Learn socket programming and familiar with simulation tools.
- Have hands on experience on various networking protocols.
- Be familiar with web page design using HTML/DHTML and style sheets.
- Be exposed to creation of user interfaces using java frames and applets.
- Learn to create dynamic web pages using server side scripting.
- Learn to write PHP database functions and learn .net framework and RMI.
- Know the components and structure of mobile application development frameworks for android and windows OS based mobiles.
- Understand how to work with various mobile application development frameworks.
- Learn the basic and important design concepts and issues of development of mobile applications.
- Understand the capabilities and limitation of mobile devices.
- Be exposed to compiler writing tools.
- Learn to implement the different phases of compiler and familiar with control flow and data flow analysis.
- Learn simple optimization techniques
- Be familiar with the algorithms of data mining.
- Be acquainted with the tools and techniques used for knowledge discovery in data bases.
- Be exposed to web mining and text mining.
- Be exposed to the different cipher techniques.
- Learn to implement the algorithms DES,RSA,MD5,SHA-1.
- Learn to use tools like GnuPG,KF sensor, netstrumbler.
- Be exposed to tool kits for grid and cloud environment.
- Be familiar with developing web services/applications in grid framework.
- Learn to run virtual machines of different configuration.
- Learn to use hadoop.
- To provide working area for development of Computer Graphics to the Software Engineers.
- The Lab has 30 Nos. of high end desktops connected in LAN, Switch based network for speedy internet access, Multimedia supporting software’s like Adobe Flash, Photoshop, Blender and Programming software’s like C,C++Java / J2EE are highly used.
- Learn the basics of OO analysis and designs.
- Be exposed to the UML design diagrams.
- Learn to map design to code and familiar with the various testing techniques.
- The main objective of this lab is to learn how to use open sources in a effective way and kernel level programming skills.
- The lab has 42 Nos. of high end desktops connected in LAN, Switch based network for speedy access,Linux,RHEL,UNIX , INTERNET EXPLORER, are highly used in this laboratory.
- The purpose of this research center is to take our student to the Industry level by the guidance of Expert from Industry Experts and the Faculty of IT Dept.
- The lab has 30 Nos. of high end desktops connected in LAN, Switch based network for speedy access,Rational Suite, Win runner, C/C++/JDK 1.3,JSDK,MS-Access, are highly used.