MBA – Master of Business Administration
About the department
The department of management studies is a part of the JEC and is administratively located within the college campus. The MBA Department was started in the year 1997, affiliated to Anna University and recognized by All India Council for Technical Education. The College offers two year Master degree in the field of Management. The maximum intake of class room limits to 60 students (student of any UG discipline can apply for this course). The department aim is to provide the students with a perfect blend of intellectual and practical experiences which will help them to increase their technical and problem solving abilities to make them as smart managers, who can serve our society and take up challenges of new era of globalization.
The Management program is a professional 2- year course that is only four semesters of which, one summer project in the end of second semester and a final project in the end of fourth semester (both operated in the premises of industry). This also includes the Data analysis and business modeling lab.
MBA Specializations :
- The MBA Degree offers Dual specialization streams, according to the interest of the student in streams like – Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Systems and Production. With the curriculum designed by Anna University, we also amalgamate industry and institutional requirements such that they are provides students the best of opportunities and a launching pad for their career development.
- The specialty and highlight of the course, differs from the other affiliated institutions is by the third dimension of conducting bridge course for the students before the startup of the academics. The bridge course axes the disparity of the students who belongs to various disciple of their UG background. This further brings the focus and attention towards one common platform of business administration.
At JEC, every student goes through a wide spectrum of experiences which include the Organization structural study, Outbound training, Book review, Summer internships, Current Affairs & Weekly Presentations, Seminars, Workshop, Management meet, Business quiz, Management association program, last but not the least, Sports, Cultural, Media presentation, NPD, Creativity and Innovation etc .
- There is an overwhelming demand for good technical & management talents, which plays a significant role in shaping the future of our country. Our management, our beloved principal and our faculties Endeavour to shape the students into full fledged professional through well structured programmes.
- Human Resource
Duration of 1 month prior any discipline, this will help the students to get an overall practical knowledge of what is happening inside and outside the organization .The Influence of Government and the impact of International market .
It is for duration of 4 months in which the students individually handle the project which gives them in-depth knowledge and problem solving ability with excellent time management .
Memorandum Of Understanding :
2011 University of Malaya and Jaya Engineering College
To nurture innovations future leaders in technology, entrepreneurship and management who create wealth for our nation and develop a fulfilling global society.
The mission of the department is to educate women & men to be the leaders at businesses and organizational level. On completing the curriculum, students will have broad range of competencies to pursuer many opportunities that exist in their professional field of Endeavour.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Analyze trends in business environment
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate fund knowledge in the functional areas of business
- Approach organizational decisions in ethical, legal and socially responsible manner
- Operate in dynamic and complex domestic and global organizational environments
Integration of theory and application from various functional areas in an interdisciplinary approach.