The various labs available in our department
1. CADD LAB
- More no of advanced system with the installation of more software at latest version.
- The software includes AutoCAD 2012, STAD pro, 3ds max, Revit.
2. SURVEY LAB
- The equipments available in surveying lab are Theodolite, Dumpy level, Plain table, Ranging rods, Leveling staff, Cross staff, Chains, Tapes, Arrows, Total station.
- The students were giving training to handle these equipments individually.
3. SOIL MECHANICS LAB
- The Equipments available in lab are, Sieves, Liquid and Plastic limit apparatus, Shrinkage limit apparatus, Proctor compaction apparatus, Direct shear apparatus, Thermometer, Field density measuring device.
- The available equipments made the students to acquire knowledge to test the Engineering properties of soil.
4. STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LAB
- The available equipments in our lab are UTM, Torsion testing machine, Rockwell Hardness, Beam deflection test apparatus, Dial gauges, motor cube moulds.
5. CONCRETE AND HIGHWAY ENGINEERING LABORATORY
- The equipments available in our lab are concrete cube moulds, Sieves, Slump cone, Flow table, vibrator, UTM, Vee Bee consist meter, Aggregate impact testing machine, Penetration test apparatus, Ring and ball apparatus, Ductility testing machine, Pyconometer, weighing balance.
6. HYDROLICS LAB
- The Equipment provided in this lab are Bernoulli’s apparatus, Pitot tube, Venturimeter, Orificemeter, Rectangular channel, Trapezoidal channel, u-tube manometer, Losses in pipes, Centrifugal pump, Reeprocating pump, pelton wheel turbine, Kaplan turbine,
7. ENVIROMENTAL ENGINEERING LAB
- The list of equipments available are jar test apparatus, Turbidity meter, pH meter, BOD apparatus, Conductivity meter, Muffle furnace, Weighing balance.
- Electronic balance, chemicals, Heating mantles, beaker, pipette, Hot air oven.
8. STADD PRO LAB
- More no of advanced system with the installation of advanced structural Engineering software.
- Labs were well maintained and good ventilation were provided. Proper power supply and water supply are provided.
- In the year 2006, sieve – 06, National level technical conference was conducted and well organized. Due to the grand success of sieve – 06, they planned to conduct Sieve – 07 in the next year. In the year 2012, National level technical symposium was conducted in the name of Formigo 2k12. The students were also encouraged to participate in symposiums and conferences conducted by other college.
- In order to improve the student’s practical knowledge, students were taken to Industrial Visit to various places like sathanur Dam, Poondy Dam, Veedur Dam, Iron and steel company each sem. For third year of Civil Engineering students Survey Camp were arranged by the department to the nearby places for the period one week, each year. Every year around 5 university rank holders are emerging from our department.