ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is established in the year 1999 with 60 students at the entry level. The department is equipped with the state of the art equipments and also includes well developed laboratories in the related fields. This Department has a set of dedicated, talented, well qualified and experienced team as teaching faculty. All the faculty members are postgraduates with considerable research and academic experience. Few faculty members are doing their research in Anna University and other universities. The Department also has qualified and dedicated supporting staff for our laboratories.
Industrial visits to leading industries are organised every year to provide practical knowledge to the students. Guest lectures by notable personalities are conducted to enlighten the students and these lectures tap their creative instincts. The students are inspired to present papers. They are guided with abundant resources and study materials. They are allowed to participate in co-curricular contests organised by other colleges to provide them an exposure to know what is in progress at present and to improve their foresight.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
The Department offers the following Course,
- UG- B.E- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- The EEE Department of Jaya Engineering College has an excellent academic coordination methodology which has evolved over a period of more than 10 years and has been producing excellent results in terms of students pass percentage and university ranks.
- The departments focuses on continuous assessment of students throughout the semester and year through internal cycle tests, model tests etc.
- The department continuously tracks the course coverage by the faculty, and plans for any extra classes to complete the portions in time.
- To Supplementing the curriculum the department the department organizes Guest Lectures by experts from industry and academia to address the students on the subjects to supplement the curriculum and also create awareness on the recent trends in the respective subject.
- The Department collects the feedback from students on the respective faculty members of the courses to ensure that the students are comfortable with the teaching method and the faculty members. Any remedial action is taken in the teaching methods, if required.
- Special coaching for weak students are provided for the identified students during the above internal tests, etc and given special coaching classes, slip tests etc. Students who fail or do not perform well in the internal tests / model tests etc are counseled individually and the information is conveyed to the parents through personal contact over phone.
- Parents are requested and encouraged to visit the college and meet the HOD to discuss the wards performance.
- The Department of EEE emphasizes to the students the importance of excelling in final year projects where students apply the knowledge gained over the under graduate program and develop and complete an engineering project as a team.
- This not only provides a good insight into the knowledge gained but also develops soft skills of the students and prepares them well for job in the industry or higher studies.
To develop prominent Electrical and Electronics Engineers with interdisciplinary knowledge in innovation, creativity, research and ethical values to serve the Society.
|M1||To impart fundamental and advanced education in Electrical, Electronics and Inter disciplinary disciplines, suitable for emerging industrial needs through quality infrastructure and resources.|
|M2||To provide innovative solutions pertaining to electrical and electronics engineering
to emerging industrial and societal problems
|M3||To inculcate the habit of leadership, ethics and lifelong learning for betterment of
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES [PEO’S]
The Programme Educational Objectives of Electrical Electronics Engineering are given below and are numbered from PEO1 to PEO5.
|PEOs||PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES|
|PEO1||Have strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering to formulate, solve and analyze electrical and electronics engineering problems.|
|PEO2||Have ability to provide innovative solutions in Energy areas of emerging industrial and societal needs.|
|PEO3||Be able to communicate and indulge in life-long learning and practice professionalism with ethics.|
Program Specific Outcomes [PSO’S]
|PSO||Program Specific Outcomes|
|PSO1||Solve various real time problems of Electrical Machines, Electronics applications, Control System, Instrumentation System, Power system and Power Electronic & drives.|
|PSO2||Identify conventional and renewable energy systems for Power generation and distribution with suitable recent technologies.|
|PSO3||Develop innovative solutions pertaining to industry and Society by using Electrical and Electronics systems.|
PROGRAM OUTCOMES: [PO’S]
|PO1||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems|
|PO2||Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.|
|PO3||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.|
|PO4||Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.|
|PO6||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the
professional engineering practice
|PO7||Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development|
|PO8||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of the engineering practice|
|PO9||Function effectively as an individual and as member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings|
|PO10||Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions|
|PO11||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to once own work as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments|
|PO12||Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change|
Course Outcomes [PO’S]
STUDENT NAME LIST
|S.No||Register No||Name of the Student|
|7||110821105305||HEMA SUNDAR RAO.T|
|3||110820105003||NIVETHA LAKSHMI R|
|4||110820105301||AJAY RAJ. J|
|6||110820105304||ANTHONY RAJ. V|
|10||110820105309||BARATH KUMAR. K|
|20||110820105322||MANO BHALA. M|
|21||110820105323||MITHUL PRANAV. K.R|
|24||110820105326||NIRMAL SAMY. J|
|29||110820105331||PREM KUMAR. M|
|32||110820105336||SUDHANTHIRA SELVAN. J|
|36||110820105342||VIJAYA KUMAR. V|
|5||110819105301||G MOHANKUMAR GOVINDRAJ|
|6||110819105302||KAMESHWARAN A K|
|7||110819105303||MOHAMMED FAISAL R|
|8||110819105304||RAVI SHANKAR V|
|3||110818105004||T. KISHOR KUMAR|
|8||110818105009||M. TAMIL SELVAN|
|13||110818105305||R. SARATH CHAKRAVARTHY|
|15||110818105307||M. VINOTH KUAMR|
|7||110817105007||DINESH VANNAN AM|
|14||110817105014||RAMESH PERUMAL P|
|15||110817105015||SHYAM SUNDAR D|
|17||110817105017||SUNDAR SHREE TM|
|18||110817105018||SURYA PRAKASH S|
For Online Grievance : email@example.com