Department of Placements
Department of Placement facilitates placements by actively reaching out to the Corporate World. The Department achieves this objective by having a targeted approach towards the three major stakeholders in the placement process i.e. the Students, the Companies and the College.
Why Recruit @ JAYA GROUP
Employers look for many other qualities besides academic achievement. Jaya Group students acquire a range of skills and experiences whilst at Jaya Group to compete most effectively in the job market. Exposure to teamwork, problem solving, leadership, and communication skills are provided to the students by encouraging them to take up responsible positions during all extra-curricular activities.
Goal & Objective
The Training & Placement Cell is committed to provide all possible assistance to its graduates and post graduates in their efforts to find employment. This commitment is demonstrated by the existence of a full-time Placement Officer in-charge. The benefits of this assistance are reflected in the preparation of Jaya Group Students who are able to secure lucrative and esteemed position in recent years.
The Training & Placement service operates year round to facilitate contacts between companies & graduates. Staff members are available to respond to studentâ€™s questions and concerns of all kinds. This may include advice on Placement Procedures; help to prepare application and resumes and mock interviews. The aim is to ensure that students have the information and skills necessary for an effective job search
Those considering careers in education or its related fields are offered detailed career guidance at the Training & Placement Cell. All counseling is based on up to-date placement statistics and an envisioned view of future educational and industrial trends. Additionally, the Training & Placement Cell helps the students to improve their Communication Skills and Presentation Skills.
- To place students in Prospective IT & Core companies.
- To give sufficient practical exposures to create action plans and execute the solutions.
- To help the students to develop a passion to win and a global mindset.
- To produce the most competitive technocrats to fit in all scenarios.
The placement department sends placement invitation letters to the companies enclosing a brief summary of the courses available at Jaya Group.
The company may visit the campus for a Pre-Placement Talk either before the selection processes or may combine it with the final recruitment.
- On receiving information file, the placement office announces the requirement of the company, asking interested students to submit their resumes or marks criteria, which are then handed over to the company.
- The company, after short listing candidates from the application pool and eligibility data file sent to them, sends back the list of short listed candidates to the Placement Office at the earliest.
- A mutually convenient date is finalized for the selection process/ campus recruitment drive.
- After completion of the selection process, the company is required to furnish the final list of selected students preferably on the same day, or as soon as possible.
- The company sends offer letters to the Placement Office for handing them over to the students. Offer acceptances (from the students) are received and sent to the company by the Placement Office.
Training & Placement
The Department of training and placement is headed by P.Yuvaraman M.B.A., M.PhiL., Ph.D. The department interacts with reputed organizations all over the country for arranging campus interviews for the placement of final year students. Industrial Visits to reputed companies are arranged to know more details about industrial activities. It also enhances the soft-skill capability of the students through regular training programs. The department counsels the final year students for their higher studies and for getting projects from industries.
The Placement and Training Centre is provided with a well – equipped conference training room and separate, well – furnished rooms for interviews and counseling.
- 450 Seating capacity A/c Auditorium
- 2000 Seating Capacity Auditorium
- 150 Seating Capacity Auditorium
- GD Rooms / Interview Cabins / Well Equipped Computer Labs
Dr.L. Subburaj M.B.A., M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Head, Placement & Training
JAYA Engineering College
Thiruninravur, Chennai 602024