ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 1995 with the vision of developing the department in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and make the students blossom into meritorious, self-disciplined and hard worker.
To transform our department into centre for excellence with high quality education in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
To create an excellent teaching and learning environment with our potential to give satisfaction to our stakeholders and to equip contemporary skills to compete with the change.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.E. in Applied Electronics
SCOPE OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Ability to apply the concepts of mathematics, science, and engineering effectively.
- Ability to design, analyse and interpret data through experiments.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Ability to understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
The graduates from this department have become professional engineers, employed both in core and software companies. They are well represented at core companies, such as Robert Bosch, Qualcomm, Aricent Group, Wipro and as well as smaller start-up companies. They have become successful software developers and managers in the leading software companies, such as Thought works, Infosys, Cognizant Technology Solutions, HCL Technologies, TCS, Igate etc. Many of our students pursue higher education to obtain MS, MBA and PhD degrees in foreign universities. Also, some of the graduates working in Public sector units, such as BSNL, National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC) Ltd, DRDO, ISRO, BHEL, BEL etc.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Graduates will have a successful life-long career in Electronics and Communication Engineering or associated industries or higher education or as entrepreneurs.
Graduates will have the ability and attitude to adapt to latest technologies.
Graduates will have the teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills to enable them to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams in Industry, Government, and Academia.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- The graduates would be able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and skills to solve problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- The graduates would acquire skills to analyze problems in the domain of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- The graduates would be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- The graduates would be able to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- The graduates would be able to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- The graduates would be able to understand the professional and ethical responsibility
- The graduates would be able to communicate effectively.
- The graduates would have broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- The graduates would be able recognize the need for, and would have an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- The graduates would have a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- The graduates would be able to to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The graduates would be able to acquire life skills enabling them to achieve academic and professional excellence so that they can develop innovative projects in computing technologies.