ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was established in the year 1995 with the mission to educate students from all over India , including those from rural areas, so that they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their Families, Industry and Society.
CSE shares the mission and vision of the institute in imparting high quality education to the students and The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the year 2006 and 2011.
The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various laboratories, a well equipped seminar hall, Wi-Fi enabled class rooms to support e-Learning, and a department library. We also have facility for Anna University EDUSAT program.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering , with a collective experience of teaching 2400 students and 28,800 man-hours supported by the team of 6 technical experts from Modern Technology and Technique promotion Council with 28 faculty members. The department has enough power to deliver the ambitious requirement of producing a complete engineer.
The computing facilities consists of 16 Mpbs OFC backbone with 1025 Intel systems on an hierarchical topology with a watch guard firewall running on Ubuntu 15.4 and Fedora with more than 100 tools installed enough for a modern incubation center of industry standards.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To build Integrated Human Beings who can define tomorrows requirement and provide innovative solutions to it.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Computer Science and Engineering Department is committed to:
- Equip students with Engineering Principles by teaching how to Analyze, valuate an Engineering Problem and Create Solutions for any requirements in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Teach Software / Hardware / Networking for full understanding and appreciation of Computer Engineering.
- Equip with knowledge required to become a successful entrepreneur
- Inculcate good practices and values to kindle and establish firm morals in Graduates
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
The Department offered the following Courses,
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering (B.E – CSE) – Started in 1995 – Intake – 120 Students
Master of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering (M.E – CSE) – Started in 2004 – Inake – 18 Students
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO 1 :
To build engineers who can understand, analyze and apply engineering concepts in order to invent, design, build and maintain optimal solutions to any interdisciplinary engineering requirements of a future world by setting and following best engineering standards.
PEO 2 :
To build engineers with ample hardware / networking knowledge required for studying and providing optimal solutions.
PEO 3 :
To build engineers who can look into technical / societal / commercial aspect of an engineering solution thereby setting a ground for producing successful entrepreneurs.
PEO 4 :
To build engineers with thorough basic knowledge of computer science & engineering required for them to successfully pursue higher education.
- Engineers who can deliver software solutions using various designing / programming principles like object oriented programming principles, and on a longer run prepares them to follow international standards for documenting, for any industrial application needs.
- Prepares Graduates to become holistic entrepreneurs who can contribute to the striving to build a harmonious industrial world, on a longer run.
- Engineers with basic knowledge about electronic devices, who can with some time & experience, design and deliver software part of electronics, based solution for most of the industries.
- Engineers who have basic knowledge in autonomous systems which with some time & experience allow him/her to deliver software part of an automation industry.
- Engineers who possess knowledge about various image processing techniques & tools, which allow him/her to leverage his/her computer knowledge in building solutions for society need like disaster management, weather warning systems, on a longer run.
- Engineers who possess knowledge about various network simulations tools which, with some practice allows him/her to design hardware / network solution for most types of requirements
- Prepare Engineers who can be a part in designing tomorrows Internet , on a longer run
- Engineers who can pursue higher education with ease
- Engineers who realizes his purpose of education
- Engineers, who can, on longer run, give solutions where requirement looms on as abstract and where requirements are not completely defined.
- Engineers who completes all the subjects in the syllabus framed by regulating bodies, through examination and by also meeting all the stated objective of subjects, thereby qualifying for awarding undergraduate degree.