About the Department
The Department of Textile Technology, Jaya Engineering College an ISO 9001:2000E, NBA accredited institution was started in the year 1995 to offer four year B.Tech (Textile Technology) course.
- Established in 1995-96 with B.Tech (Textile Technology) Programme
- M.Tech (Textile Technology) Programme commenced in 2003-04
- Both Full-Time Programmes affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
- B.Tech – 8 Semesters and M.Tech – 4 Semesters as per the curriculum of Anna University.
- To nurture innovative future leaders in Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management who create wealth for our nation and develop a fulfilling society.
- To build the department into one of the top 10 in India by 2020 on the basis of students and faculty performance
- To benchmark the performance against leading textile schools / universities abroad and to place the Department within top 25 in the world by 2025
The Department of Textile Technology is committed
- To provide world-class textile technology education, undertake research & development relevant to Indian textile-apparel industry, inculcate entrepreneurship and mould the youth as responsible professionals with leadership quality, knowledge and skills for the betterment of the society
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Progress Professionally as a result of their ability to solve technical textile related problems and to work in multidisciplinary teams on problems whose solutions lead to significant benefits for the society.
- Continue professional development and lifelong learning and to make scholarly contributions to the society by publishing papers, applying for patents, and delivering effective conference presentations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and the profession through involvement with community and professional organizations and/or make contributions towards society’s greater prosperity.
- Practice technical work and to initiate and develop leadership roles in business, Industry or Government.